Chewy with a gooey center, these Chocolate Chip Cookies are irresistible!
This quick and easy recipe makes delicious chocolate chip cookies, with slightly crispy edges, chewy moist centres, and small pockets of delightful melty chocolate.
Straight out of the oven, the aroma of these freshly baked cookies wafts around the house, draws everyone into the kitchen.
Selecting chocolate chips
For chocolate chips, chop up a good quality chocolate bar or use ready made chocolate chips.
Chocolate chips keep their shape well and come out of the oven soft and glossy. I use semi-sweet Guittard chocolate chips as they have no preservatives and the only stabilizer they use is sunflower lecithin.
How to make them
- Cream together the butter and both types of sugars in a large mixing bowl till smooth and creamy.
- Mix in the eggs one at a time, then add the vanilla, salt and baking soda, and blend well.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and fold in the flour.
- Cover and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Spoon walnut size amounts, onto lined baking trays, leaving 3 inches spaces between them.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or till golden with light brown edges.
- Cool on a wire rack.
Pro tip: If you have time, make this cookie dough 24 hours ahead and refrigerate it. You will get a darker cookie with a better, richer flavour. Here’s why.
For ice cream sandwiches
Make yummy ice cream sandwiches by filling a layer of ice cream between two cookies.
Click here for more delicious cookie recipes.
⭐️ Are you making this recipe? Do let me know how it turned out in the comments! And please give it a star rating below!
Instagram – I love seeing your creations, so post a picture, tag @endofthefork and hashtag #endofthefork
Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Large mixing bowl
- Parchment paper
- Baking tray
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup softened butter
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 3 cups flour
- 2 medium eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350F/ 175C.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and brown and white sugar until smooth.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time and mix in the vanilla, salt and baking soda, blending well.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and then fold in the flour.
- Cover and refrigerate for minimum of 30 minutes.
- Spoon walnut size amounts, leaving 3 inches spaces between them, onto lined baking trays.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden with browned edges. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.