Last Updated on
Chewy with a gooey center, these Chocolate Chip Cookies are irresistible!
This quick and easy recipe makes delicious chocolate chip cookies, with slightly crispy edges, chewy moist centres, and small pockets of delightful melty chocolate.
Straight out of the oven, the aroma of these freshly baked cookies wafts around the house, drawing everyone into the kitchen.
Make yummy ice cream sandwiches by filling a layer of ice cream between two cookies.
Pro tip: If you can, make this cookie dough 24 hours ahead and refrigerate it, you will get a darker cookie with a better, richer flavour. Here’s why.
How to make Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Cream together the butter and both types of sugars in a large mixing bowl till smooth and creamy.
- Mix in the eggs one at a time, then add the vanilla, salt and baking soda, and blend well.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and fold in the flour.
- Cover and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Spoon walnut size amounts, onto lined baking trays, leaving 3 inches spaces between them.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or till golden with light brown edges.
- Cool on a wire rack.
⭐️ Are you making this recipe? Do let me know how it turned out in the comments! And please give it a star rating below!
Instagram – I love seeing your creations, so post a picture, tag @endofthefork and hashtag #endofthefork
Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup softened butter
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 3 cups flour
- 2 medium eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350F/ 175C.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and brown and white sugar until smooth.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time and mix in the vanilla, salt and baking soda, blending well.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and then fold in the flour.
- Cover and refrigerate for minimum of 30 minutes.
- Spoon walnut size amounts, leaving 3 inches spaces between them, onto lined baking trays.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden with browned edges. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.