Chewy with a gooey center, these Chocolate Chip Cookies are irresistible!
This quick and easy recipe makes delicious chocolate chip cookies, with slightly crispy edges, chewy moist centres, and small pockets of delightful melty chocolate.
Straight out of the oven, the aroma of these freshly baked cookies wafts around the house, draws everyone into the kitchen.
Selecting chocolate chips
For chocolate chips, chop up a good quality chocolate bar or use ready made chocolate chips.
Chocolate chips keep their shape well and come out of the oven soft and glossy. I use semi-sweet Guittard chocolate chips as they have no preservatives and the only stabilizer they use is sunflower lecithin.
Substitute for brown sugar
Run out of brown sugar? Don’t worry, you can use the equivalent measurement of white sugar in the recipe, so for these cookies, you would use 2 cups of white sugar in place of 1 cup white + 1 cup brown sugar. The cookies will have a slightly different taste, but will still be yummy!
How to make them
- Cream together the butter and both types of sugars in a large mixing bowl till smooth and creamy.
- Mix in the eggs one at a time, then add the vanilla and baking soda, and blend well.
- Fold in the flour, then stir in the chocolate chips.
- Cover and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Spoon walnut size amounts, onto lined baking trays, leaving 3 inches spaces between them.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or till golden with light brown edges.
- Cool on a wire rack.
Pro tip: If you have time, make this cookie dough 24 hours ahead and refrigerate it. You will get a darker cookie with a better, richer flavour. Here’s why.
For ice cream sandwiches
Try this cool idea and make yummy ice cream sandwiches by filling a layer of ice cream between two cookies.
More cookie recipes
Try these other Cookie recipes.
⭐️ Are you making this recipe? Do let me know how it turned out in the comments! And please give it a star rating below!
Instagram – I love seeing your creations, so post a picture, tag @endofthefork and hashtag #endofthefork
Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup softened butter salted, or if using unsalted, add 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F/ 175C.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and brown and white sugar until smooth.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time and mix in the vanilla and baking soda, blending well.
- Fold in the flour till well combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Cover and refrigerate for minimum of 30 minutes.
- Spoon walnut size amounts, leaving 3 inches spaces between them, onto lined baking trays.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden with browned edges. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.