Last Updated on
These Chocolate Chip Cookies are irresistible!
This quick and easy recipe makes delicious chocolate chip cookies, with slightly crispy edges, chewy moist centres, and small pockets of delightful melty chocolate. Straight out of the oven, the aroma of these freshly baked cookies wafts around the house, drawing everyone into the kitchen.
Make yummy ice cream sandwiches by filling a layer of ice cream between two cookies.
Tip: If you can, make this cookie dough 24 hours ahead and refrigerate it, you will get a darker cookie with a better, richer flavour. Here’s why.
Chocolate chip cookies
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup softened butter
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 3 cups flour
- 2 medium eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350F/ 175C.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and brown and white sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs, one at a time and mix in the vanilla essence, the salt and baking soda, blending well. Stir in the chocolate chips and then fold in the flour. Cover with cling film and refrigerate for minimum of 30 minutes.
- Spoon walnut size amounts, leaving 3 inches spaces between them, onto non-stick baking trays. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden with browned edges. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.