This is our favourite way of making is soft, creamy, fluffy scrambled eggs with step by step instructions, and they turn out great every single time!
These scrambled eggs are prepared according to Gordon Ramsay’s method for scrambling eggs.
We love it because it makes the best creamy, fluffy, and light scrambled eggs!
The trick is to use a non stick pan for quick cooking and low heat. This is to allow the eggs and butter to emulsify and not cook too quickly and become dry.
As the eggs slowly thicken they become creamy and fluffy..
Do not add milk as this will add too much liquid giving dense eggs, and you will not achieve light, creamy and fluffy scrambled eggs!
Why this recipe works
- A non stick pan and silicone spatula are important for quick cooking over low heat.
- Cooked over low heat, the eggs and butter emulsify giving wonderful creaminess!
Use a non stick pan
Eggs cook very quickly and you will need to stir constantly. Use a non-stick pan for slow cooking over low heat, and so the eggs do not stick to the bottom.
Non-stick pans are rather delicate so you will need to use a silicone spatula for quick constant stirring without scratching/damaging the non-stick coating of the pan.
Non-stick pans should never be heated to a high temperature (not that eggs require high heat), so do not use higher than a medium flame.
Step by step instructions
- Crack the eggs into a skillet and add a knob of butter before turning on the heat.
2. Turn the heat to medium and begin whisking the eggs, stirring constantly, scraping the eggs from the bottom with the spatula.
As the eggs become warm, turn the heat down to low, still stirring, and remove the pan from the heat every now and then so it does not become too hot.
Low heat is required for the eggs and butter to emulsify and become creamy.
3. Once the eggs have thickened, forming soft peaks, remove from the heat as they will carry on cooking. Mix in the crème fraîche at this point and this will help reduce the temperature, slowing the cooking process.
The eggs will be soft and creamy. Remove from the pan to serve as soon as possible.
4. Add a grating of Gruyere cheese and season with finishing salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Serve on a thick slice of buttered bread alongside some garlic mushrooms.
You may also like
⭐️ Are you making this Creamy Scrambled Eggs With Gruyere recipe? I’d love to know how it turned out in the comments!
Instagram – I love seeing your creations, so post a picture, tag @endofthefork and hashtag #endofthefork
Scrambled Eggs With Cheese
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ¼ teaspoon salt kosher or Maldon
- a pinch black pepper freshly ground
- 1 tablespoon crème fraîche
- 2 tablespoons gruyere cheese grated, optional
- a slice buttered bread
- 3 large eggs, 1 tablespoon butterCrack open the eggs into a skillet and add a knob of butter before turning on the heat.
- Turn on heat to medium and begin whisking the eggs, stirring constantly.
- As the eggs begin to thicken, turn the heat down to low, still stirring and scraping the eggs from the bottom with the spatula. Remove the pan from the heat every now and then so it does not become too hot.
- ¼ teaspoon salt, a pinch black pepper, 1 tablespoon crème fraîche, 2 tablespoons gruyere cheese, a slice buttered breadOnce the eggs have thickened, forming soft peaks, remove from the heat and stir in the crème fraîche. Season with salt and pepper, stir and remove the eggs from the pan immediately to prevent further cooking. Serve on buttered toast and garnish with grated Gruyere cheese.
- For quick cooking over low heat, use a non-stick skillet and silicone spatula. Do not use high heat with a non-stick pan.
- Add the eggs and butter to a cold pan at the same time and turn on the heat to medium and then low.
- Stir constantly on low heat to emulsify the butter and eggs.
- Remove from the heat before the pan becomes too warm and keep stirring, then replace on low heat till eggs thicken and soft peaks form.
- Remove the eggs from the heat immediately. Eggs are delicate and will continue to cook in a hot pan.
- Crème fraîche will cool the eggs a little, slowing continuous cooking in the pan.
- Use a good finishing salt to season and some freshly ground black pepper.
- Add a grating of Gruyere cheese and serve on a thick slice of bread.
The ingredients here on EOTF are set out in grams & milliliters and in US cups & spoons.
Leave a Reply