These lightly spiced carrots are sweet & tender with a tangy dressing. Its an easy dish to put together making it a perfect side for holiday feasts!
These roasted carrots are an old favourite making frequent appearances at family bbqs and lunches.
They are sweet and lightly spiced with cumin and paprika. A dressing of lemon and crème fraîche adds a lovely fresh flavour.
The carrots are tossed in oil to help them cook quicker.
During the roasting process, as they lose moisture the sugars begin to caramelise, and they develop a richer, more intense flavour. Eventually the carrots soften, but they still have a very satisfying crunch.
It is a great accompaniment to roasted meats such as Turkey, Lamb, or Tandoori Chicken. It requires little effort as hardly any preparation is required, and the dressing can be made earlier in the day.
Prepare the carrots
- Rinse the carrots well. You can peel them if you like, but leaving the skins on helps preserve some of the nutrients. Then slice them in half or quarters, lengthways.
- Mix together the olive oil, salt, cumin and paprika, then toss in the carrots ensuring they are well coated.
- Spread the carrots out on a baking sheet and bake till they are fork-tender.
The dressing can be made while the carrots are in the oven or earlier in the day. Keep covered in the fridge till needed.
- In a small bowl, mix together the lemon juice, garlic, crème fraîche, salt and pepper.
- Drizzle over the carrots and top with some freshly ground black pepper.
These carrots are great served warm or at room temperature. Prepare the dressing in advance and keep in the fridge till ready to serve.
The carrots can be stored in an airtight container overnight in the fridge, and then reheated the next day. However, once the carrots are covered in the dressing, they are best consumed the same day.
You may also like …
Are you trying this Roasted Carrots & Crème Fraîche Dressing recipe or any other on my blog? I would love to hear about it in the comments below and be sure to rate the recipe.
Roasted Carrots With Crème Fraîche Dressing
- 500 g raw carrots 1 pound
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- salt to taste
- black pepper
- ½ cup crème fraîche
- 1.5 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic grated
- Preheat the oven to 180℃/350℉.
- 500 g raw carrotsWash the carrots, then slice in half or quarters, lengthways.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, ½ teaspoon ground cumin, ½ teaspoon paprikaIn a medium mixing bowl, mix together the olive oil, cumin and paprika. Then add the carrots and toss in the oil and spices, till well coated.
- Spread out on a baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes, till fork tender.
- salt, 1.5 tablespoons lemon juice, 2 cloves garlic, ½ cup crème fraîcheMeanwhile, make the dressing. Grate the garlic and add to a small bowl with salt, lemon juice and crème fraiîche. Mix well and chill till ready to serve.
- black pepperServe the carrots with the dressing drizzled over the top and some freshly ground black pepper.
- You can peel the carrots if you like, but leaving the skins on helps preserve some of the nutrients.
- The dressing can be made while the carrots are in the oven or earlier in the day. Keep covered in the fridge till needed.
- The carrots can be stored in an airtight container overnight in the fridge, and then reheated the next day. However, once the carrots are covered in the dressing, they are best consumed the same day.
The ingredients here on EOTF are set out in grams & milliliters and in US cups & spoons.