This easy, roasted sweet potato hummus is deliciously rich, smooth, creamy and healthy! It is a perfect dip for finger food, in a sandwich, or in a salad!
Not only is this hummus smooth, creamy and utterly delicious, it is super healthy and packed with nutrients!
What’s great about it
Cheap and easy to prepare, it is gluten-free, vegan, and low in calories. It also adds a vibrant pop of colour to any table.
How to make it
There are just two easy stages to make this wonderful hummus: there’s the roasting and then the blending.
- Roasting the sweet potato rather than boiling it, gives a deeper and sweeter flavour. For this reason, I prefer to also roast the garlic, rather than using it raw.
- Then blend all the ingredients together for a smooth hummus, or mash the sweet potato separately with a fork for a chunkier consistency.
How to serve it
Drizzle some extra virgin olive oil over the top and add a sprinkling of paprika.
Serve at room temperature with pita chips, breadsticks or crudités, spread in a sandwich/burger/wrap, or scoop into small balls to serve around a platter of meats.
Cover and chill in the fridge for up to 2 days.
⭐️ Are you making this recipe? Do let me know how it turned out in the comments! And please give it a star rating below!
Instagram – I love seeing your creations, so post a picture, tag @endofthefork and hashtag #endofthefork
Sweet Potato Hummus
- 2 large sweet potatoes (or 4 cups, chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 3 tablespoons olive oil plus extra to drizzle on top
- 1/2 lime juiced
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 390℉/200℃. Peel and chop the sweet potatoes into bite size pieces and lay in an oven proof dish.
- Mince the garlic and mix with the sweet potato.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake for 30 mins, till tender.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Combine the roasted sweet potato and garlic with the tahini, oil, and salt and blend till smooth.
- Transfer to a serving dish, drizzle with oil and sprinkle with paprika. Serve at room temperature.
♥ If you try this recipe, I’d love to see it – on Instagram use #endofthefork and tag me @endofthefork.
For more recipes and latest updates, follow me @endofthefork on social media – see links in the sidebar.
If you like this recipe, please do comment and/or give it a star rating. Thank you.