This easy, roasted sweet potato hummus is deliciously rich, smooth, creamy and healthy! It is a perfect dip for finger food, in a sandwich, or in a salad!
Not only is this hummus smooth, creamy and utterly delicious, it is super healthy and packed with nutrients!
What’s great about it
Cheap and easy to prepare, it is gluten-free, vegan, and low in calories. It also adds a vibrant pop of colour to any table.
How to make it
There are just two easy stages to make this wonderful hummus: there’s the roasting and then the blending.
- Roasting the sweet potato rather than boiling it, gives a deeper and sweeter flavour. For this reason, I prefer to also roast the garlic, rather than using it raw.
- Then blend all the ingredients together for a smooth hummus, or mash the sweet potato separately with a fork for a chunkier consistency.
How to serve it
Drizzle some extra virgin olive oil over the top and add a sprinkling of paprika.
Serve at room temperature with pita chips, breadsticks or crudités, spread in a sandwich/burger/wrap, or scoop into small balls to serve around a platter of meats.
Cover and chill in the fridge for up to 2 days.
More Dips & Sauces recipes
⭐️ Are you making this recipe? Do let me know how it turned out in the comments! And please give it a star rating below!
Instagram – I love seeing your creations, so post a picture, tag @endofthefork and hashtag #endofthefork
Sweet Potato Hummus
- 2 large sweet potatoes (or 4 cups, chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 3 tablespoons olive oil plus extra to drizzle on top
- ½ lime juiced
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 390℉/200℃. Peel and chop the sweet potatoes into bite size pieces and lay in an oven proof dish.
- Mince the garlic and mix with the sweet potato.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake for 30 mins, till tender.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Combine the roasted sweet potato and garlic with the tahini, oil, and salt and blend till smooth.
- Transfer to a serving dish, drizzle with oil and sprinkle with paprika. Serve at room temperature.
Only you will see your notes and you can edit them anytime.
Nutritional information is calculated automatically and accuracy cannot be guaranteed. The information above is an estimate per serving.
@ EndoftheFork.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is encouraged and appreciated, however copying and pasting full recipes to social media or other platforms is strictly prohibited.
♥ If you try this recipe, I’d love to see it – on Instagram use #endofthefork and tag me @endofthefork.
For more recipes and latest updates, follow me @endofthefork on social media – see links in the sidebar.
If you like this recipe, please do comment and/or give it a star rating. Thank you.