As my recipe for Nutella cookies was such a hit, I thought I’d try making a giant double layer cookie filled with Nutella. Sounds good? It absolutely was! Serve with a generous scoop of ice cream – enjoy!
Why doesn’t love a giant chocolate cookie with a rich Nutella filling!
This is a perfect sharing dessert – or not!
It’s great that this giant cookie doesn’t take long to make.
Top tips for a big chocolate & Nutella cookie
- Make the dough ahead – (at least 30 minutes or this allows the flavour to develop and gives a wonderful texture to your cookies.
- Chill the dough – the dough will be easier to handle when chilled and this will keep them from spreading too much during baking.
How to make it
- When you are ready to make the cookie, divide the dough into 2 parts.
- Cook’s tip: If cooking immediately, and the dough is still a bit sticky, add a couple of more tablespoons of flour till it is smooth.
- Press one half down to cover the base of a skillet and spread a layer of Nutella over it.
- Then, on parchment paper, roll out the other half of the cookie dough till it is a similar size to the first and place over the layer of Nutella.
- Bake, cool and serve.
Enjoy with a big scoop of ice cream or a glass of cold milk.
Need more cookie recipes?
Click here for more yummy cookies!
⭐️ Are you making this recipe? Do let me know how it turned out in the comments! And please give it a star rating below!
Instagram – I love seeing your creations, so post a picture, tag @endofthefork and hashtag #endofthefork
Chocolate and Nutella Skillet Cookie
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 ½ cup flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 medium eggs beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon warm water
- ½ teaspoon salt finely ground
- ½ cup Nutella
- Preheat oven to 175C/350F. In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter, white and brown sugar till smooth.
- Mix in the beaten eggs, vanilla extract and salt.
- Dissolve the baking soda in a teaspoon of water and stir till dissolved, then add to mixture, blending well.
- Fold in the flour and cocoa powder and mix to make a dough. Cover and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Press half the dough into a large cast iron skillet lined with parchment paper, ensuring the cookie dough doesn't reach as far as the sides.
- Spread the Nutella evenly over the dough. Press out the remaining dough using fingers, on a large piece of parchment paper, till it is a similar size.
- Gently lift and place it over the layer of Nutella.
- Bake for 10 minutes after which cover with baking foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes. Allow to cool before serving.
- Make the dough ahead – allows the flavour to develop and gives a lovely texture to the cookies.
- Chill the dough – the dough will be much easier to handle when chilled and will prevent the cookies from spreading too much during baking.
- If the dough is still a bit sticky, add a couple of more tablespoons of flour till it is smooth.