Last Updated on
Soft and chewy cookie cups with a deliciously smooth chocolate pudding filling! A perfect chocolate indulgence!
Calling all chocolate lovers – two delicious chocolate treats rolled into one!
These soft and chewy cookie cups work very well with the smooth chocolate pudding filling. They are easy to make, so it’s easy to make a few batches for the holiday season.
For a more exotic flavour, fill them with cardamom flavoured chocolate; just click on this recipe for Chocolate cardamom pudding.
Start with the cookie cups. First make the cookie dough. Take a small amount of the cookie dough, roll into a golf size ball and line the wells of a greased and floured muffin tray. Take care not to press the dough too thin. While the cookie cups are baking, you can get started on the chocolate pudding filling. Otherwise, prepare the filling once all the cookie cups are cooling.
Fill each cup to the top and set them on the counter or place in the fridge to set. The waiting is the hard part!
Dust with icing sugar or chocolate powder and serve with a glass of cold milk!
Chocolate pudding cookie cups
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup softened butter
- 2 medium eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Chocolate pudding filling
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups warm milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- Preheat oven to 350°F/175°C. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and brown and white sugar till smooth. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, and mix in the vanilla essence, salt, and baking soda, blending well. Stir in the cocoa powder and then fold in the flour. Knead gently into a dough.
- Take a small amount of the cookie dough, roll into a golf size ball, and press into the wells of a greased and floured muffin tray. Take care not to press the dough too thin. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Remove from the oven and using the back of a teaspoon, press down the centres to make wells. Cool in the pans for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. While the cookie cups are cooking, prepare the chocolate filling.
Chocolate pudding filling
- In a small saucepan, combine the cocoa powder, sugar, salt, and cornstarch. Turn the heat on to medium and slowly pour and blend the milk into the dry ingredients, keep stirring. Allow to boil for one minute only, stirring as it thickens. Remove from heat. Add butter and vanilla essence, stirring well into mix.
- Pour into the cookie cups and allow to set on the counter for 10 minutes (or in the fridge). Dust with sugar icing or chocolate powder.
♥ If you try this recipe, I’d love to see it – on Instagram use #endofthefork and tag me @endofthefork.
For more recipes and latest updates, follow me @endofthefork on social media – see links in the sidebar.