With a crispy exterior and fluffy inside, these no-nonsense waffles are quick and simple to make.
Whether for breakfast, or as a snack, when you are craving waffles, you’ll need a recipe that is quick and easy with fabulous results every time.
Always start with a preheated waffle iron. Then simply mix together the wet ingredients, then the dry, and then combine both. It is really that easy.
The butter is essential as it really helps crisp up the outside and I love the golden crispy ridges which form round the outside.
The 2 tablespoons of sugar gives a very subtle sweetness so you may even snack on them plain.
Using a 7-inch regular waffle iron this recipes makes 6 waffles. However, if your waffle iron makes the extra thick ones, it’ll make 4 waffles.
Why not try these delicious combinations :
- Ice-cream and warm Nutella
- Melted butter and maple syrup
- Whipped cream and fruit
Fluffy Crispy Waffles
- 2 cups flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon finely ground salt
- Preheat a waffle iron. In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs, then add the buttermilk, butter and vanilla and mix well. In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients and then sift these into the egg mixture. Mix well. If the mixture seems a bit dry, add a bit of milk. Spoon into the waffle iron and cook according to manufacturer's instructions. Cook till golden.