This easy 3 ingredient strawberry sauce is perfect for cheesecake, pancakes, ice-cream, and more! It will take your desserts to another level!
This delicious coulis is a smooth sauce with a slightly thick consistency. It requires just 3 ingredients (no thickeners) and 3 easy steps.
What I love about this strawberry sauce is that not only does it add a beautiful pop of glossy, bright red colour to a dessert, it also has a most wonderful, intense fresh strawberry flavour.
The fresh strawberry flavour complements so many different desserts.
What does it go with?
Try this strawberry sauce drizzled over:
- over fresh strawberries
- frozen yogurt
- in a sundae
- Magija dessert
- cakes, or in between the layers
Rather than straining away the pulp from the liquid, I prefer to blend them together.
It should be thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. This creates the perfect consistency for a smooth, slightly thick sauce – perfect for drizzling over desserts.
How to make it in 3 easy steps
- Combine all the ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Turn the heat down to the lowest setting and simmer (uncovered) for 10 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and blend to a smooth sauce (coats the back of a spoon).
Pro tip: This recipe can also be prepared in advance.
How to store it
Store the coulis in an airtight container and keep in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Can you freeze it?
You certainly can freeze strawberry coulis! So consider making a large batch to last through the year.
Pour the coulis into an ice cube tray to freeze, then pop them into a labelled ziploc bag to keep in the freezer. Defrost as many cubes as required in a covered container in the fridge.
Ideas for frozen coulis
Freeze in an ice tray and make frozen strawberry cubes.
- Use them in fruit drinks
- Blend a handful to make a strawberry granita
- Blend with banana and yogurt to make a delicious smoothie
You may also like
⭐️ Are you making this Strawberry Coulis recipe? I’d love to know how it turned out in the comments! And please give it a star rating below!
Instagram – I love seeing your creations, so post a picture, tag @endofthefork and hashtag #endofthefork
Easy Strawberry Coulis
- 14 ounces fresh strawberries 400g, washed, hulled, and halved or quartered
- ½ cup white sugar 100g
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Combine strawberries, sugar and lemon juice together in a saucepan and bring to a boil on medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Turn down to low heat and allow to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and blend to a smooth sauce (which will coat the back of a spoon*).
StorageFridge – store in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Freezer – Pour the sauce into an ice cube tray to freeze, then pop them into a labelled ziploc bag to keep in the freezer. Defrost as many cubes as required in a covered container in the fridge. *Dip a spoon in the sauce and run a finger down it. If it leaves a mark, that is the perfect consistency.
The ingredients here on EOTF are set out in grams & milliliters and in US cups & spoons.