This easy 3 ingredient strawberry sauce is perfect for cheesecake, pancakes, ice-cream, and more! It will take your desserts to another level!
This delicious coulis is a smooth sauce with a slightly thick consistency. It requires just 3 ingredients (no thickeners) and 3 easy steps.
What I love about this strawberry sauce is that not only does it add a beautiful pop of glossy, bright red colour to a dessert, it also has a most wonderful, intense fresh strawberry flavour.
The fresh strawberry flavour complements so many different desserts.
What goes with a strawberry coulis?
Try this strawberry sauce drizzled over:
- over fresh strawberries
- in a sundae
- Magija dessert
- cakes, or in between the layers
Why it works
Rather than straining away the pulp from the liquid, I prefer to blend them together . This creates the perfect consistency for a smooth, slightly thick sauce – it should coat the back of a spoon.
How to make it in 3 easy steps
- Combine all the ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Turn the heat down to the lowest setting and simmer (uncovered) for 10 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and blend to a smooth sauce (coats the back of a spoon).
Pro tip: This recipe can also be prepared in advance.
How to store it
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Can you freeze strawberry coulis?
You certainly can! So consider making a large batch to last through the year.
Pour the coulis into an ice cube tray to freeze, then pop them into a labelled ziploc bag to keep in the freezer. Defrost as many cubes as required in a covered container in the fridge.
Ideas for cubes of frozen strawberry coulis
- Use them as ice cubes in fruit drinks
- Blend a handful to make a strawberry granita
- Blend with banana and yogurt to make a delicious smoothie
More Dessert recipes
⭐️ Are you making this recipe? Do let me know how it turned out in the comments! And please give it a star rating below!
Instagram – I love seeing your creations, so post a picture, tag @endofthefork and hashtag #endofthefork
Easy Strawberry Coulis
- 14 oz fresh strawberries washed, hulled, and halved or quartered
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Combine strawberries, sugar and lemon juice together in a saucepan and bring to a boil on medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Turn down to low heat and allow to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and blend to a smooth sauce (which will coat the back of a spoon*).