Easy shrimps with garlic butter and parsley, served with rice – really tasty and truly satisfying.
What could be more satisfying than the delicious flavours of shrimps, parsley, and garlic butter for a light and healthy lunch.
Why it works
This simple recipe is super fast to make and very rewarding.
The shrimps are moist yet crispy on the outside, and are coated in a perfect garlic sauce.
Shrimps, garlic butter and parsley are a combination made in heaven!
How to prepare the shrimps
- If you are using fresh shrimps, clean them but leave the tails on.
- Soak them in a bowl of brined water which is salty as the sea (and enough to cover the shrimps). Use around 1 tablespoon salt* and cover.
- Keep in the fridge for 15 minutes to up to 24 hours in the fridge.
- Drain the shrimps before use (for the recipe, adjust the amount of salt you use accordingly if you are using this method).
- Towel dry the shrimps before cooking.
How to make it
- In a medium pan, on low flame, heat the olive oil and melt the butter on low heat. Add the garlic and allow to soften, but don’t brown it.
- Turn the heat to medium, and add shrimps in one layer, then add the spring onions and chopped parsley.
- Cook the shrimps on one side then reduce heat and cook them on the other side till they are pink and opaque. Then keeping the heat on, remove them from the pan.
- Taste the sauce for salt and adjust accordingly, then add the chilli flakes.
- Deglaze the pan using the vinegar or liquid of your choice (apple cider vinegar or fish stock), and reduce till syrupy.
- Turn off the heat and return the shrimps to the pan and coat them well in the sauce.
- Add freshly cracked black pepper, more chopped parsley and serve on rice with lemon wedges.
Depending on the size of your skillet and shrimps, you can cook the shrimps in two batches if your cannot fit them all in one layer.
The dish leaves a wonderful dipping sauce in the pan, which is the amount of olive oil and butter used to start with. Toss the shrimps in it for a blow-your-socks-off flavour.
Serve with this easy Fluffy Rice.
⭐️ Are you making this recipe? Do let me know how it turned out in the comments! And please give it a star rating below!
Instagram – I love seeing your creations, so post a picture, tag @endofthefork and hashtag #endofthefork
Shrimps with Garlic Butter, Parsley and Rice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- 12 fresh shrimps cleaned
- 2 spring onions thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon red chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar or apple cider vinegar, or liquid of your choice for deglazing
- 1/2 lemon cut into 2 wedges
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley chopped, for garnish
- In a medium pan, heat the olive oil and melt the butter on low heat. Add the garlic and allow to soften, not brown.
- Turn heat to medium and add the shrimps in one layer, adding the spring onions and parsley.
- Cook the shrimps on one side till they curl up, then reduce heat and turn shrimps over. Once they are no longer translucent (they are pink and opaque), remove from flame. (Be careful not to overcook them)
- Remove the shrimps from pan. Taste remaining sauce in the pan for salt, adding more if necessary and add red chilli flakes.
- Deglaze the pan, using the balsamic vinegar (or liquid of your choice) reducing the sauce till syrupy.
- Turn off the heat and return the shrimps to the pan, to coat evenly in the sauce.
- Sprinkle with salt to taste, black pepper and more fresh parsley. Serve with lemon wedges.
This recipe was added to the #CookBlogShare linkup