Enjoy the flavour of fresh strawberries in this smooth and creamy Strawberry frozen yogurt. It is as refreshing as it is easy to make, and requires just 4 ingredients!
Strawberry frozen yogurt is a great way to enjoy the delicious flavour of fresh strawberries in season. It is both light and refreshing and you can really taste the ripe juicy strawberries.
In the summer months we usually keep a container of some flavour of homemade fro-yo in our freezer, and this one with strawberries is an all-round favourite.
What’s so great about homemade frozen yogurt is that not only can you select great quality ingredients, but you can also control the amount of sugar that goes into it.
This recipe requires only four ingredients:
- Select fresh ripe strawberries (rinsed and hulled). You could use frozen, but fresh strawberries will give a better flavour. You may also need to add a little more sugar as frozen strawberries are not as sweet as when they are fresh and in season.
- Greek yogurt
- lemon juice (enhances the flavour of the strawberries)
Making homemade strawberry fro-yo is super easy and you do not have to use an ice cream machine.
Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend on high till smooth. Then transfer to a container, cover and freeze.
If you are making this out of season, you could use frozen strawberries and serve it as a soft serve straight from the blender, or freeze it for around 30 mins – 1 hour to make it more solid.
Remove the frozen yogurt from the freezer ahead of time to allow to soften slightly before serving. Serve with a spring of mint.
This recipe is also great with bananas or you could use different seasonal fruit such as peaches, berries, persimmons and mango!
Transfer to an airtight container and freeze for up to one week for best results. Remove from the freezer and allow to soften slightly before serving.
More dessert ideas using fruit:
Are you making this Cullen Skink – Scottish smoked haddock soup recipe or any other on my blog? I would love to hear about it in the comments below and if you like it be sure to give it 5 stars. Thank you!
Instagram – I love seeing your creations, so post a picture, tag @endofthefork and hashtag #endofthefork
Strawberry Frozen Yogurt
- 500 grams strawberries (1 pound strawberries) rinsed and hulled
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Place the strawberries, sugar, lemon juice and yogurt in a blender and blend till smooth.
- Transfer to an airtight container and freeze for 2-3 hours. Allow to soften slightly before serving.
- Select fresh ripe strawberries for best results.
- Frozen strawberries can be used in place of fresh strawberries, then serve as a soft serve straight from the blender, or for a more solid fro-yo, freeze it for 30 mins-1 hour. You may need to add a little more sugar as frozen strawberries are not as sweet as when they are fresh and in season.
- Transfer to an airtight container and freeze for up to one week for best results.
- Remove from the freezer and allow to soften slightly before serving.
The ingredients here on EOTF are set out in grams & milliliters and in US cups & spoons.