These masala lamb chops are incredibly tasty and full of flavour.
These flavoursome Lamb chops are melt-in-the mouth perfect.
For best results, first tenderise the meat by pounding with a mallet, and then marinate in this yoghurt and masala paste for at least 2 hours before cooking.
Allow to rest before serving with rice and vegetables (I used baked butternut squash here) and garnish with caramelised fried onions.
Click the subscribe button above to get more recipes like this to your inbox.
You may also like …
Did you like this recipe? Please take a moment to rate it in the recipe card below, leave a comment, and if you are sharing it on social media please tag us @endofthefork. Thanks!
Masala Lamb Chops
- 1 kg lamb chops approx. 1 lb
- 2 cups yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- oil to shallow fry
For the masala paste
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 2 cloves fresh garlic chopped small
- 1 inch fresh ginger chopped small
- 2 star anise
- 1 inch cinnamon stick
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon red chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Grind together ½ teaspoon ground black pepper, 1 teaspoon fennel seeds2 cloves fresh garlic, 1 inch fresh ginger, 2 star anise, 1 inch cinnamon stick, 1 teaspoon turmeric, 1 teaspoon cumin seeds, 1 teaspoon red chilli flakes, 1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds, 1 teaspoon salt , 1 tablespoon olive oil and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add 2 cups yoghurt and masala paste and stir well. Add 1 kg lamb chops and turn several times till they are coated with the marinade. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Remove from fridge 30 minutes before cooking and allow to come to room temperature. Preheat oven to 180°C/400℉. In a large frying pan, add oil to shallow fry so it coats the base of the pan and fry the chops till they are browned on either side.
- Place the chops on an oven tray and bake for 25-30 minutes. Allow to rest for 10 minutes before serving.
The ingredients here on EOTF are set out in grams & milliliters and in US cups & spoons.
Leave a Reply