This 10 minute kheer recipe turns leftover plain rice into a delicious dessert!
One cup of leftover rice makes this quick and delicious dessert.
How to make it
- Lightly butter the base of a small saucepan so that the milk will not stick to the bottom of the pan and burn.
- Heat the milk with the crushed cardamom pods to release the flavour and then remove them before adding the rice.
- Using a hand blender, blend some of the rice – it doesn’t need to be a smooth texture.
- Finally, add the sweetened condensed milk for extra creaminess!
- Serve warm or chilled.
Check out my other Kheer recipe if you like a richer and creamier kheer from scratch!
⭐️ Are you making this recipe? Do let me know how it turned out in the comments! And please give it a star rating below!
Instagram – I love seeing your creations, so post a picture, tag @endofthefork and hashtag #endofthefork
- butter to grease a small saucepan
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 cardamom pods crushed
- a pinch nutmeg powder
- 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- Grease the inside of a small saucepan.
- Heat the milk with the cardamom pods till almost boiling, then remove the pods.
- Add the rice and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Using a hand blender, blend the some of the rice to break up the grains - it doesn't need to be smooth.
- Mix in the condensed milk and nutmeg, and continue to cook on medium heat for a couple of minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve warm or chilled.