This apple cider and cranberry juice drink made with fresh orange juice and spices is both refreshing and healthy for a quick and easy detox.
After the many culinary delights of the festive season we think this apple cider vinegar and cranberry juice is a wonderful way to detox.
We created a most delicious and refreshing drink using apple cider vinegar we think you will love, packed with healthy ingredients.
It is not advisable to drink apple cider vinegar neat (its far too acidic and would burn your throat and stomach), and a vinegar drink may not be everyone’s cup of tea, but we think this ones a winner. Why?
Freshly squeezed orange juice is always refreshing, maple syrup because the drink would be too tart and then you have the comforting spices – cinnamon, star anise and warmth from a little black pepper (thats optional).
Shaken or stirred, the combination of all these ingredients make for a most delicious apple cider vinegar drink!
You may want to slurp it down immediately but if you can wait, we strongly recommend covering and setting it aside for an hour or chilling it to give those wonderful flavours time to come together.
Then stir and enjoy!
You may like our cranberry mocktail and blueberry and blackcurrant mule, which are both refreshing and go nicely with a bowl of honey roasted pecans, or if you want something to warm you through we suggest our Indian masala tea.
Click on the Subscribe button above to get more recipes like this to your inbox!.
These are the ingredients you will need:
- cranberry juice – use an unsweetened variety such as Ocean Spray No Added Sugar.
- orange juice – use freshly squeezed for best flavour and more vitamin C
- apple cider vinegar – select a good quality apple cider vinegar which also contains the ‘Mother’. We use OSU’s Apple Cider Vinegar.
- spices – cinnamon adds a festive flavour, plus the star anise and some freshly crushed black pepper are optional extras.
See recipe card for quantities.
Use a pestle and mortar to crush the ginger and squeeze an orange for fresh orange juice.
Add all the ingredients except maple syrup, star anise, black pepper and mint to a mixer and shake.
Pour into a glass straining away the ginger, ice and bits of orange.
Stir in the maple syrup, add the star anise and black pepper, a sprig of mint and serve.
If you don’t have a mixer, add the ingredients to a glass and stir, removing the ice before serving (it may dilute the flavours too much, but if you prefer you can keep the ice in).
You will need a glass for 300 mls or 10.5 fl oz.
Serve with star anise, a pinch of freshly crushed black pepper and sprig of fresh mint.
Make ahead and storing
This drink tastes even better when made 1 hour ahead giving time for the flavours to come together. Cover and set aside or keep chilled in the fridge till ready to serve.
You may also like …
Did you make this? Please rate it in the recipe card below and if you are sharing a photo on social media please tag @endofthefork. Thanks!
Apple Cider Vinegar And Cranberry Juice
- 240 mls cranberry juice 1 cup, unsweetened
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 60 mls orange juice juice of 1 orange
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- ⅛ teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 inch ginger fresh
- 1 star anise
- 2 medium ice cubes
- a pinch black pepper freshly crushed, optional
- 1 sprig mint garnish
- Using a pestle and mortar to smash 1 inch ginger then add to a mixer or glass. Add 240 mls cranberry juice, 60 mls orange juice, 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar, ⅛ teaspoon cinnamon, 2 medium ice cubes and shake well or stir. Pour into a glass straining away the ice and orange bits.
- Stir in 1 tablespoon maple syrup, add 1 star anise, a pinch black pepper, 1 sprig mint and serve.
Only you will see your notes and you can edit them anytime.
Nutritional information is calculated automatically and accuracy cannot be guaranteed. The information above is an estimate per serving.
@ EndoftheFork.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is encouraged and appreciated, however copying and pasting full recipes to social media or other platforms is strictly prohibited.