Try these easy to make, rich and delicious brownies.
With a gooey soft interior with a slightly chewy top – these brownies are ideal to satisfy a rich chocolate brownie craving!
Why we love them
These chocolate brownies are so easy to make, and are great way to engage the kids over the holidays.
- To blend ingredients easily, make sure the eggs are at room temperature, and are lightly beaten.
- The dry ingredients should be gently folded into the mixture, so there is no need for an electric blender for this recipe.
Add extra flavours to the mix for texture and great taste before pouring it out into the baking pan, such as:
- dried cranberries
- fresh or dry raspberries
- white chocolate chips
Why grease a non-stick pan
Even if your pan is non-stick, grease then dust with a thin layer of flour.
This is so the brownies will be easy to remove from the pan. While baking the sugar melts and caramelises on the bottom of the pan. Then later while cooling, the sugar solidifies, sticking to the surface, so dusting creates an extra non-stick layer between the mixture and the pan.
Cool before slicing to achieve a clean cut.
Keep brownies fresh by wrapping leftovers and keeping in a sealed container in a cool dry place for up to 3-4 days, or the freezer for 1 month.
Nut Free Brownies
- 1 teaspoon butter for greasing
- 1 teaspoon flour after greasing the pan
- 120 grams butter ½ cup
- 200 grams sugar 1 cup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 70 grams flour ½ cup
- 40 grams unsweetened cocoa powder ⅓ cup
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 °F/ 175 °C (fan) then grease and flour an 8-inch square pan.1 teaspoon butter for greasing, 1 teaspoon flour
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan and remove from the heat.120 grams butter
- Stir in the sugar using a wooden spoon, then the eggs and vanilla till combined.200 grams sugar, 2 eggs, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Next add the cocoa powder, flour, salt and baking powder and stir gently.70 grams flour, 40 grams unsweetened cocoa powder, ¼ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- Pour the mixture into the baking pan and bake for 25 minutes. Remove and cool in the pan before turning out and slicing.