This New York Cheesecake is rich, smooth, creamy, and simply delicious. Follow this recipe for a beautiful fluffy and moist cheesecake you will want to make every time!
This cheesecake bakes at low temperatures in a springform pan and does not require a water bath. Grease the sides of the springform pan well, this will prevent the cheesecake from sticking to the sides and it won’t crack on cooling.
You can try out different ideas for the crust, using graham crackers, ginger cookies, or Oreos. To make sure your base is of uniform thickness all the way around, use the bottom of a flat-bottomed glass to lightly press the crumb mixture down.
Full fat cheese really is essential for this recipe to achieve that silky rich taste of a great New York cheesecake. I like to use Philadelphia cream cheese.
Before you start, make sure the cheese, eggs, sour cream and butter are all at room temperature before you start so they combine easily. The sour cream blends in well and balances the sweetness perfectly.
Use an electric mixer to prepare the filling to get an excellent smooth consistency.
The cheesecake should be nicely chilled before you slice it. Top with sliced fruit, or drizzle with a tangy fruit coulis for one of the best cheesecakes ever!
⭐️ Are you making this recipe? Do let me know how it turned out in the comments! And please give it a star rating below!
Instagram – I love seeing your creations, so post a picture, tag @endofthefork and hashtag #endofthefork
New York Cheesecake
For the crust
- 1 ½ cups ginger cookies, crushed
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
For the filling
- 800 grams cream cheese, full fat use at room temperature
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- ¾ cup milk
- 4 medium eggs, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 330°F/165°C. Grease a 9 inch springform pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix the crushed cookies and melted butter. Press the mixture into the bottom of springform pan, ensuring it rises up ½ inch round the sides.
- Bake in oven for 3 minutes, then remove and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the cream cheese with sugar till smooth.
- Blend in the milk, the sour cream, vanilla essence and cornstarch.
- Add the eggs and slowly mix well till well incorporated.
- Pour the mixture into the crust.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour.
- After this time, turn the oven off and leave the cheesecake for another 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and chill in the refrigerator overnight.
♥ If you try this recipe, I’d love to see it – on Instagram use #endofthefork and tag me @endofthefork.
For more recipes and latest updates, follow me @endofthefork on social media – see links in the sidebar.