Make deliciously refreshing and healthy orange frozen yogurt without an ice-cream maker.
Orange frozen yogurt with fresh ripe oranges makes a wonderfully refreshing cold summer dessert.
The combination of oranges with yogurt is absolutely delicious producing a sweet, tangy and citrusy frozen yogurt which is rich and creamy.
And its good for you! Greek yogurt is a great source of calcium and protein, while oranges are rich in vitamin C plus other vitamins and minerals.
This recipe uses the whole orange (without the peel), rather than just its juice, for maximum flavour and higher nutritional value.
Greek yogurt, or any strained variety (such as Turkish), is perfect for frozen yogurt as it is thick, rich and creamy. Use the full fat variety for best flavour.
The best oranges for frozen yogurt are navel oranges as they large, sweet, juicy and usually seedless. Navel are a popular variety and easily available. However, if you cannot find them, select any other large, sweet, juicy oranges such as Valencia or blood oranges.
There are several spices and herbs which pair beautifully with oranges. Before blending, add any one of these:
- cardamom (ground) – ⅛ of a teaspoon
- cinnamon (ground) – ⅛ of a teaspoon
- ginger (ground) – ½ teaspoon
- saffron strands – ¼ teaspoon crushed then bloomed in 1 tablespoon of cool water for 10 minutes.
- thyme (dried) – ⅛ teaspoon
- vanilla – ½ teaspoon
Or garnish with:
- mint – fresh leaves
- basil – fresh leaves
Keep the an sealed container in the freezer for up to a month.
To serve, remove from the freezer and leave on the counter to soften for around 20 minutes (depending on the temperature of your kitchen).
⭐️ Are you making this Orange Frozen Yogurt recipe? I’d love to know how it turned out in the comments!
⭐️ And if you like it, please give it a 5 star rating below! ⭐️
Instagram – I love seeing your creations, so post a picture, tag @endofthefork and hashtag #endofthefork
Orange Frozen Yogurt
- 2 large navel oranges
- 65 g sugar ½ cup
- 140 g Greek Yogurt ½ cup, full fat
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Peel the oranges and place in a blender with the yogurt, sugar and lemon juice. Blend till smooth.
- Pour into a freezer proof dish or container and freeze for 1 hour, till yogurt is solid. Remove from the freezer and allow to soften slightly before serving.
- Use a full fat Greek yogurt for best results.
- If you cannot find navel oranges, use similar large juicy oranges and remove any seeds.
- Store in a sealed container in the freezer for up to a month.
- Remove from the freezer and keep on the counter to soften before serving.