This colourful roasted beet salad is super tasty and nutrient rich. It is sweet and tangy, crunchy and creamy, and satisfying!
Delicious flavours and wonderful textures are why this salad is just so popular. The soft, earthy caramalized beets, crunchy raw carrots, and juicy sultanas are balanced perfectly by the creamy white Stilton and tangy pomegranate syrup.
Packed with vitamins and minerals, this certainly is feel-good food!
Serve with roasted/barbecued meats, or as a light meal with a piece of freshly baked bread to soak up the dressing.
How to roast beets
- Roast the beets for a delicious full flavour. First wash them carefully so the skins don’t split.
- Place them on a baking tray, leaving their skins on so the juices don’t run. There’s no need to add oil.
- Bake at 375°F/190°C for 1 hour, or till tender enough to be pierced by a fork.
- Allow to cool and peel off the skins before cutting each beet into quarters. This could be done a day ahead.
- Store the beets in the fridge for easy prep the following day.
Pro tip: to remove beet stains easily from fingers and more information on beets, read The Ultimate Guide to Beets.
The sultanas I used are from the brand Crazy Jack Organic (I used them to make this yummy Cardamom and Sultana Tea Loaf). There’s no need to soak them first as they are juicy as they are.
Assemble the salad
- Combine the beets, sultanas and carrots in a bowl and set aside.
- Make the dressing by combining the olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper, and pour over the beets.
- Garnish with crumbled Stilton cheese, a drizzle of pomegranate syrup, and chopped mint and cilantro (coriander leaves).
Craving more? Sign up > SUBSCRIBE to never miss another post from End Of The Fork.
⭐️ Are you making this recipe? Do let me know how it turned out in the comments! And please give it a star rating below!
Instagram – I love seeing your creations, so post a picture, tag @endofthefork and hashtag #endofthefork
Roasted Beets, Carrot & Sultana Salad
- 5 roasted beets or store bought cooked beets, cut into quarters
- 1 medium carrot grated
- 1 tablespoon sultanas
- 2 tablespoons stilton cheese or vegetarian cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate syrup
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon cilantro/coriander chopped
- 1 teaspoon mint leaves chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°F /190°C. Gently wash the beets, leaving skin on. Place in an ovenproof dish and cover. Bake for 1 hour till tender.
- Cool before peeling and cut into cubes.
For the salad
- In a medium bowl, combine the beets, carrots and sultanas and set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper and pour the dressing over the salad.
- Crumble the cheese on top, drizzle with pomegranate syrup and garnish with chopped coriander and mint leaves.
♥ If you try this recipe, I’d love to see it – on Instagram use #endofthefork and tag me @endofthefork.
For more recipes and latest updates, follow me @endofthefork on social media – see links in the sidebar.
And if you like this recipe, please do leave a comment and/or rate it!