This 10 minute whipped feta made with garlic and fresh herbs can be used as a dip, a dressing for salads, served with grilled meats or a simple spread.
It is rich and creamy with a delicious garlicky, tangy kick and the freshness of fresh herbs.
Feta cheese dip really is the easiest thing to make. Simply gather all the ingredients, add them to a blender and blend till the mixture is smooth and fluffy.
For best results, prepare the dip a couple of hours before serving, cover and keep it in the fridge. Resting gives the flavours time to combine and fully develop.
Whip up a batch of this easy cheese dip today and enjoy it in a number of ways:
- as a dip with raw vegetables, breadsticks or pita
- as a dressing over grilled vegetables, fresh tomatoes, grilled meats
- stirred into soups
- spread on toasted bread, in wraps or sandwiches.
It also makes a tasty addition to a party spread, for movie/game night or for a festive table over the holidays.
Select good quality fresh ingredients best results.
Feta – there are different types of feta with varying textures, for this recipe select one that is made with sheep’s milk or a combination of sheep’s and goat’s milk. If possible select a feta in brine so the cheese is more moist. The brine is rich in flavour and a little salty. Add a little brine during blending for a richer flavour and a slightly runnier consistency.
Cream cheese – any type will do, although I sometimes use ricotta.
Olive oil – read my post on how to select a good olive oil.
Fresh herbs – it is not always easy to measure out fresh herbs, so for this recipe the quantity does not need to be absolutely precise and measurements are given as approximate amounts.
To make a dressing
To use this dip as a dressing you may prefer a slightly runnier consistency. Blend in 1-2 tablespoons of the brine that comes with the feta till it can be drizzled or poured over a dish. The brine adds a more intense feta flavour but it is also quite salty, so taste the dressing and adjust the seasoning accordingly before serving.
To prepare this dip in advance transfer to an airtight container and keep chilled in the fridge, then use it within 3 days.
The dip will thicken in the fridge so let it sit at room temperature for around half an hour to soften before serving.
Transfer the feta dip to an airtight container and freeze for up to a month. Thaw in the fridge then leave on the counter at room temperature for around 30 minutes to soften before serving.
Are you making this Whipped Feta Dip Recipe? I’d love to hear how it went, please do let me know in the comments below and don’t forget to give it a star rating! Thanks
Whipped Feta Dip
- 200 g feta cheese 7 oz broken into small pieces
- 60 g cream cheese 2 oz or ½ cup
- 30 g fresh parsley ¼ cup
- 15 g fresh mint ⅛ cup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil minced
- 1 large clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper freshly ground
- Blend all the ingredients together, scraping down the sides till smooth and fluffy. Taste to adjust for seasoning.
- Transfer to and airtight container and chill for at least 30 minutes. Serve as a dip or drizzle over fresh tomatoes, grilled meats or vegetables.
- Break the feta into small pieces so it blends easily.
- Smash and chop the garlic to mince before adding to the blender to allow even distribution on blending.
- Taste the dip and add more salt or pepper according to your taste.
- For best results, chill the dip before serving to allow the flavours time to come together, although this is not essential.
- Serve as a dip with raw vegetables, breadsticks or pita, as a dressing over grilled vegetables, fresh tomatoes, grilled meats, stirred into soups, spread on toasted bread or in sandwiches.
- Store in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 3 days or freeze for up to a month.
- Thaw in the fridge then allow the chilled dip to sit at room temperature for around 30 minutes so it can soften before serving.
- To make into a dressing, blend in 1-2 tablespoons of the brine that comes with the feta. This adds a more intense feta flavour to the dip but it is also quite salty so adjust the seasoning accordingly.