A creamy feta dressing made with garlic and fresh herbs. Serve as a dip, over grilled meats, on bread or as a keto salad dressing.
This feta dressing is rich and creamy with a delicious garlic-ky, tangy kick and the freshness of fresh herbs.
It really is the easiest thing to make. Simply gather all the ingredients, pop them in a blender and blend till the mixture is smooth and fluffy.
For best results prepare the dip a couple of hours before serving then cover and keep it in the fridge. Resting gives the flavours time to combine and fully develop.
Click the Subscribe button above to get more recipes like this to your inbox.
It goes well with …
Whip up a batch of this easy whipped feta cheese today and enjoy it in a number of ways:
- as a dip with raw vegetables, breadsticks or pita
- as a dressing over grilled vegetables, fresh tomatoes, grilled meats
- stirred into soups
- spread on toasted bread, in wraps or sandwiches.
It is a great way to jazz up a light lunch plus its suitable for a low-carb or keto diet.
We love it with finger food for parties and movie or game nights.
Select good quality fresh ingredients best results.
Feta – there are different types of feta with varying textures, for this recipe select one that is made with sheep’s milk or a combination of sheep’s and goat’s milk. If possible select a feta in brine so the cheese is more moist. The brine is rich in flavour and a little salty. Add a little brine during blending for a richer flavour and a slightly runnier consistency.
Cream cheese – any type will do, although I sometimes use ricotta.
Olive oil – read my post on how to select a good olive oil.
Fresh herbs – it is not always easy to measure out fresh herbs, so for this recipe the quantity does not need to be absolutely precise and measurements are given as approximate amounts.
Make a feta dressing
To turn this creamy feta dip into a dressing you may prefer a slightly runnier consistency.
Blend in 1-2 tablespoons of the brine that comes with the feta till it can be drizzled or poured over a dish.
The brine adds a more intense feta flavour but it is also quite salty, so taste the dressing and adjust the seasoning accordingly before serving.
To prepare this dip in advance transfer to an airtight container and keep chilled in the fridge, then use it within 3 days.
The dip will thicken in the fridge so let it sit at room temperature for around half an hour to soften before serving.
Transfer the feta dip to an airtight container and freeze for up to a month. Thaw in the fridge then leave on the counter at room temperature for around 30 minutes to soften before serving.
Are you making this Lemon Feta Dressing? I’d love to hear how it went, please do let me know in the comments below and don’t forget to give it a star rating!
Lemon Feta Dressing
- 200 grams feta cheese 7 oz broken into small pieces
- 60 grams cream cheese 2 oz or ½ cup
- 30 grams fresh parsley ¼ cup
- 15 grams fresh mint ⅛ cup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper freshly ground
- Blend together 200 grams feta cheese, 60 grams cream cheese, 30 grams fresh parsley , 15 grams fresh mint, 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 large clove garlic, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, ½ teaspoon salt¼ teaspoon black pepper, scraping down the sides till smooth and fluffy. Taste to adjust for seasoning.
- Transfer to and airtight container and chill for at least 30 minutes. Serve as a dip or drizzle over fresh tomatoes, grilled meats or vegetables.
Only you will see your notes and you can edit them anytime.
Nutritional information is calculated automatically and accuracy cannot be guaranteed. The information above is an estimate per serving.
@ EndoftheFork.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is encouraged and appreciated, however copying and pasting full recipes to social media or other platforms is strictly prohibited.