Enjoy cranberries in a variety of dishes for brunch, appetizers, dinner and in desserts.
It’s cranberry season again and stores are beginning to stock bags of these beautiful festive berries (to be accurate, they are known as false berries).
Cranberries are incredibly versatile. We love the delicious tangy flavour they give to sweet and to savoury dishes, and the wonderful pop of colour they add to the table.
They are also incredibly nutrient rich, full of fibre and antioxidants, helping to fend off colds, lower the risk of urinary tract infections and decrease blood pressure.
Step into the festive season with these delicious cranberry recipes.
Whether you need inspiration for brunch, appetizers, dinner or dessert, there’s something for everyone, even the pickiest eater!
Try an easy cranberry sauce alongside roast turkey, or layered in sandwiches. How about combining cranberries with these succulent meatballs for a mouthwatering tangy sauce, and some finger-licking chicken wings in a cranberry pomegranate glaze.
Then if you love cakes, you must try the rich and flavoursome gingerbread cake, or the totally indulgent cranberry Christmas cake with easy to follow instructions.
Drop me a message below if you try any of these, I’d love to know how they turned out!
- Cranberry FAQs
- 25+ Best Sweet & Savoury Cranberry Recipes
- Orange Cranberry Muffins
- Cranberry Sauce
- Cranberry Orange Croissant French Toast
- Cranberry Dark Chocolate Oatmeal Muffins
- Cranberry Pomegranate Baked Oatmeal
- Grain-Free Cranberry Orange Breakfast Cake
- Cranberry Avocado Salsa
- Savory Cranberry Meatballs
- Sticky Chicken Wings with Cranberry Pomegranate Glaze recipe
- Cranberry Honey Mustard
- Mushroom Lentil Loaf with Cranberries
- Chili Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Cranberry Maple Citrus Glaze
- Green Beans with Cranberries, Bacon and Goat cheese
- Lentils and Rice with Cranberries
- Orange Sugared Cranberries
- Cranberry Linzer Tart
- Nantucket Cranberry Pie
- Fresh Cranberry Shortbread Bars
- Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes with Cranberry
- Cranberry and Marzipan Pies
- Cranberry Orange Cheesecake Recipe
- Gingerbread Cake with Sugared Cranberries
- Cranberry Christmas Cake with Orange Cream Cheese Icing
- Healthy fresh cranberry smoothie with cinnamon and Pomegranate
- Homemade Cranberry Juice
- Cranberry Ginger Tea
- You may also like …
Fresh cranberries should be deep-red with firm and glossy skins. Discard any that are soft and wrinkled.
Cranberries can be eaten raw. Although rather bitter, they contain a higher level of vitamin C and other antioxidants than after cooking. Add them to salads, as a garnish or in juices.
Store fresh cranberries in the crisper drawer in the fridge and they will keep for up to a month. They will spoil if left at room temperature after a couple of days.
Fresh cranberries can be frozen and will retain their flavour and texture for up to a year, with the freezer set to -18℃/ 0℉. To freeze, place in a freezer bag and mark with the date. Discard any that are soft or damaged, and rinse well before using.
25+ Best Sweet & Savoury Cranberry Recipes
Get into the festive spirit with these delicious cranberry recipes for everything from brunch, appetizers, to meats, vegetarian dishes, sides, desserts, and drinks.