Last Updated on
A delicious healthy and popular pickle from the Indian state of Gujarat.
Turmeric is intense, earthy and pungent and has many health benefits.
Turmeric pickle, also known as ‘Kachi Haldi Achar’, is a very popular pickle from Gujarat, in India. It is easy to make and it will keep in the refrigerator for a few weeks.
This delicious tangy pickle can be served as an accompaniment to poppadums, naan/roti or with rice.
⭐️ Are you making this recipe? Do let me know how it turned out in the comments! And please give it a star rating below!
Instagram – I love seeing your creations, so post a picture, tag @endofthefork and hashtag #endofthefork
- 2 tablespoons olive oil extra virgin
- 1 cup turmeric root peeled and julienned. wear gloves to prevent staining
- 3 inches fresh ginger peeled and julienned
- 3 whole finger green chillies julienned
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 2 teaspoons mustard seeds
- 2 teaspoons fenugreek seeds
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 teaspoon asafoetida powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt to taste
- In a pan on medium heat, dry roast half the mustard seeds, all the fennel and fenugreek seeds for 2-3 minutes. Coarsely grind the mixture.
- In a bowl, mix the turmeric, ginger and chillies, with the mixture and add salt.
- In another pan, heat the oil and add the remaining mustard seeds and asafoetida. Heat it for 2-3 minutes.
- Add to the turmeric mixture, then add the lemon juice and mix.
- Pour into a glass jar and keep in warm part of the kitchen. Shake the jar to mix the ingredients once a day over the next 3 days. Store in an airtight container and keep in the refrigerator.
♥ If you try this recipe, I’d love to see it – on Instagram use #endofthefork and tag me @endofthefork.
For more recipes and latest updates, follow me @endofthefork on social media – see links in the sidebar.
If you like this recipe, please do comment and/or give it a star rating. Thank you.