Last Updated on
This borlotti bean and pasta soup is thick, creamy, full of flavour, and makes a quick and easy anytime meal.
This is one of my favourite soups. It is packed full of flavour and can be prepared in approximately 15 minutes. Follow my Tips for storing herbs to ensure you always have rosemary on hand.
- borlotti beans are also known as cranberry beans
- heat the oil, garlic and rosemary
- add the beans (without the liquid, reserving that for later), heating them through
- mash the beans, add water and salt and bring to a boil
- pour in pasta of your choice (cooking times vary depending on which type of pasta you use)
- bring to a boil, and once the pasta is done, add the remaining beans, and the liquid, and heat through
- serve with a grating of parmesan cheese and a drizzle of olive oil
Borlotti pasta soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove minced fresh garlic
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 2 150g (or 5oz) tins borlotti beans and the liquid do not rinse the beans
- 1 cup small pasta any type will do
- 1 cup warm water
- salt and pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese for garnish
- In a small saucepan, add the oil, garlic and rosemary. Turn on the heat to medium and soften the garlic. Add 3/4 of the can of beans, reserving the water for later. Heat the beans through and then mash them with a fork. Add the water, a pinch of salt, and bring to a boil. Now add the pasta and boil till it is cooked. Add the remaining beans and the liquid from the tin of beans. Heat through and serve with grated parmesan cheese and a drizzle of olive oil.