Perfect for a light lunch or in a sandwich, this frittata is tasty, healthy and very easy to make!
Potato and broccoli frittata is a delicious comfort food, made with ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen. It is highly nutritious, packed with vitamins and minerals, and absolutely satisfying.
A frittata is thicker than an omelette and is cooked in two parts: first on a hob to lightly brown the bottom, and then in the oven to to cook the top.
It is perfect for dinner with a side salad, and delicious the next day in a sandwich. It can be served warm or at room temperature, also making it ideal for picnics, lunch-boxes and lunch on the go!
I have suggested using Parmesan or Pecorino Toscano, but you could use any similar cheeses, even mixing them for extra flavour. Just remember to adjust your seasoning according to the saltiness of the cheese.
Try this Zucchini frittata
Potato and broccoli frittata
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 cup broccoli, washed and cut into small pieces
- 8 eggs
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese/Pecorino Toscano, or similar
- Preheat oven to 180℃/350℉. Boil the potatoes in salted water for 8 minutes till fork tender, then drain and crush coarsely with a fork and set aside. Boil the broccoli in salted water for 2-3 minutes till tender, drain and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs and mix in the salt and pepper, potato, broccoli, parsley and cheese.
- Heat oil a skillet, and pour in the egg mixture. Cook on medium-high heat till the bottom turns light brown. Then bake for 5 minutes (or till the top is set). Serve warm or at room temperature.
The ingredients here on EOTF are set out in grams & milliliters and in US cups & spoons.
♥ If you try this recipe, I’d love to see it – on Instagram use #endofthefork and tag me @endofthefork.
For more recipes and latest updates, follow me @endofthefork on social media – see links in the sidebar.
And if you like this recipe, please do leave a comment and/or rate it!