Perfect for brunch, a light lunch or in a sandwich, this frittata is not only tasty but healthy and very easy to make!
Our broccoli and potato frittata is deliciously satisfying with the rich creaminess of eggs and potatoes combined with a crisp sweetness of broccoli.
We love it in sandwiches for picnics or lunch boxes as all the flavours really come together when prepared ahead.
It is highly nutritious, packed with vitamins and minerals and absolutely satisfying.
This is a wonderful comfort food you will be making on repeat!
Click the subscribe button above to get more recipes like this into your inbox.
What is a frittata?
Frittata is an Italian egg based dish made with fresh seasonal vegetables or tasty meats.
It is thicker than an omelette and is therefore needs to be cooked in two parts:
- first on a hob to lightly brown the bottom
- then in the oven to cook the top.
A frittata is perfect for a light lunch or weeknight dinner as it comes together in only 30 minutes.
We recommend using parmesan or pecorino Toscano, but you could use any similar cheese or mix the two cheeses for extra flavour.
You may need to adjust the amount of salt in the recipe according to the saltiness of the cheese you are using.
Slice the frittata then sandwich between two slices of warm crusty bread for a tasty lunch or satisfying weeknight dinner.
It can be served warm or at room temperature, also making it ideal for picnics, lunch-boxes and lunch on the go!
Make ahead and storing
Frittata tastes even better when made a few hours ahead or even the day before as this gives the flavours a chance to develop.
Cut into individual slices and keep in a sealed box in the fridge for up to 3 days, or in the freezer for up to a month. Thaw fully overnight in the fridge before eating.
Reheat on a baking tray at 160℃ fan/325℉ for 10-15 minutes till warmed through.
You may also like …
Broccoli Potato Frittata
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium potatoes peeled and quartered
- 90 grams broccoli 1 cup, washed and cut into small pieces
- 8 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons parsley chopped coarsely
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper freshly crushed
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese or pecorino cheese, or similar
- 2 medium potatoesPreheat oven to 180℃ fan /350℉. Boil the potatoes in salted water for 8 minutes till fork tender, then drain and crush coarsely with a fork and set aside.
- 90 grams broccoliBoil the broccoli in salted water for 2-3 minutes till tender, drain and set aside.
- 8 large eggs, 2 tablespoons parsley, 1 teaspoon salt, ⅛ teaspoon black pepper, 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheeseIn a medium bowl, whisk the eggs and mix in the salt and pepper, potato, broccoli, parsley and cheese.
- 1 tablespoon olive oilHeat oil a skillet, and pour in the egg mixture. Cook on medium-high heat till the bottom turns light brown.
- Bake for 5 minutes, till the top is set and serve warm or at room temperature.
- Frittata tastes even better when made a few hours ahead or even the day before as this gives the flavours a chance to develop.
- Cut into individual slices and keep in a sealed box in the fridge for up to 3 days, or in the freezer for up to a month. Thaw fully overnight in the fridge before eating.
- Reheat on a baking tray at 160℃ fan/325℉ for 10-15 minutes till warmed through.
The ingredients here on EOTF are set out in grams & milliliters and in US cups & spoons.